Angler Fish LED Embroidery

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Deep sea creatures fascinate me! I'm astounded at all of the various ways they've adapted to live in such a harsh and unforgiving habitat. One of my favorite deep sea oddities is the angler fish.

When a recent swap partner mentioned that she liked sea creatures, I knew exactly what I wanted to work on. This swap was for a diptych hooped embroidery piece. It's two hoops connected either physically or by a common theme.

Here's what I came up with. An angler fish on one hoop and his lure and hapless dinner on the other...















I used batik fabric, fancy felt and embroidery floss for this project.















One more supply I used... an LED light!














Here is a picture of the guts of the smaller hoop where you can see the switch.














Thanks for looking!

7 comments:

titaniumgrrl said...

That is beyond awesome...I love the light!!!

Karen said...

my jaw just dropped! that is sooo cool!

Tina said...

So totally cool! I love that lantern fish (or whatever it is called).

Kathleen said...

This is amazing---the embroidery is beautiful, I love the batik background a ton, and the inclusion of the LEDs is brilliant!

Andi said...

This is so cool! I love how you used two hoops for this and the LED is the greatest!

IdaDown said...

This is very cool. I love angler fish...and as a Biology teacher I delight in telling my students about the parasitic males...

خياطة وتفصيل said...

very nice thank you so much :)

LIME RIOT All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger