Lasagna Cupcakes

Sunday, April 3, 2011

I combined two of our favorite foods for dinner tonight, lasagna and cupcakes!



























I used my favorite lasagna recipe for these, World's Best Lasagna. I cooked the noodles aldente, cut them into thirds, sprayed cupcake tins with olive oil and then layered the noodles, cheese and sauce in this order...

- 1/3 noodle (pushed into tin)
- layer of ricotta
- 1/3 noodle (pushed into tin)
- spoonful of sauce
- slice of mozzarella
- layer of ricotta
- 1/3 noodle (lay on top)
- spoonful of sauce
- slice of mozzarella
- grated parmesan cheese

I eventually figured out that cutting the swirly edge off the noodles made the process easier.

Pre-oven shot...













I baked these for ~25 minutes in a 350 degree oven. They slid right out of the tin! The edges of the noodles turned out a bit crispy but still very yummy!

4 comments:

Rachel said...

Next time, I'm coming for dinner. Yum!

Tina said...

Oh my gosh that is awesome!! This would be perfect for me to make as my husband is the only one who can eat dairy, and it isn't fair to him to never get lasagna. Makes freezing individual portions that much easier too I would guess :)
Followed your craftster.org link here.

Judy said...

We are going to have these soon!

GardenofDaisies (Gayle) said...

What a fun idea! The party version of lasagna! :-)

LIME RIOT All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger