A "Green" Calendar

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

I saw this pattern in the book I Love (heart) Patchwork and fell head over heels for the concept of a perpetual calendar. Not only is it cute but it's green (in more ways than just the color)! This calendar can be used again and again, year after year, eliminating the need to purchase paper calendar.

The calendar base came together pretty easy but the fabric covered buttons were a bit of a pain. It was fun picking all the fabrics though! I used twill tape for the months and my trusty alphabet stamps for all the letters and numbers.


























It wasn't until I put all the numbers on for June that I realized not every month has 31 days. Derrr. Unfortunately I was out of fabric covered buttons so I just used a normal button as filler. Can you spot it?














I think it would be fun to make some additional buttons with stamps of crowns to mark special birthdays or little gifts to mark holidays!

7 comments:

Troublet said...

I love this idea LR! :D

Kimberly Miller Brown said...

OMG, I LOVE this!! What a fantastic idea! It looks really good: I love everything: the shades of green, the fabric choices, the stamped months on twill...everything!

I think it would be really cute to have special buttons to denote holidays, special days, birthdays, etc. You should totally rock that! :D

Brenda said...

You have been busy! This is super cute.

lapoli said...

I. love. this!!!!!!

LimeRiot said...

Thanks, Everyone! I want to make another one and will definitely add special buttons for special days!

GardenofDaisies (Gayle) said...

This is really cute!!! Love all the green fabrics you used to make your buttons.

whatktmadenext said...

This is so cool and I love the green/grey combo. I'm going to have to put something like this on my (ever growing) todo list!

LIME RIOT All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger