Special Olympics Scarf Project

Sunday, July 31, 2011

I usually only share finished projects but I'm not sure when this work in process (WIP) will be completed and I want to get the word out about this fun charitable crafting opportunity!!

I first heard about the Special Olympics Scarf Project on Craftster.org and I immediately ordered the yarn required and started looking around for patterns. The Scarf Project is an opportunity to show your support of the Special Olympics by knitting or crocheting scarves for the athletes to wear during the opening ceremonies!

If you enjoy yarn crafting I encourage you to check out the Scarf Project. I'm hoping to make 3 or 4 scarves for the athletes before the February deadline.

This is the first one I've started. It's knitting up pretty quickly so I should be finished within a week or 2.

1 comments:

CraftyLikeLindy said...

What a great cause! I will have to look into that one. I am not great at crochet but I may be able to manage a scarf!

LIME RIOT All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger