Boy oh Boy Shower Invites

Sunday, October 16, 2011

My friend Kelda is having her first baby, a boy!

Bridgett and I are throwing a little shower for her next month. We wanted to have a bright and fun theme, despite the fact that the weather here in Seattle is anything but. These are the simple invites I came up with to try to fit that theme.

I printed the white bits on my home printer and glued them to pre-cut turquoise cards. The pennants are made from origami papers and I stitched them on using my sewing machine. Lastly, I had to add a button because buttons make everything cuter!














I don't like plastering registry information on invitations. Instead, I made tiny little cards and slipped them into vellum envelopes that will get sent along with the invites.



I'll share some pics of the actual shower once it has come and gone.

2 comments:

Brenda said...

These are SOOOO cute!

Dorothee-Maria Lotufo said...

These are very, very beautiful!
And totally my style! ;)
I love turquoise and red, and these days I am creating quite a lot of things using these colors..... ...and pennants pretty equal to yours, but mine always are made of fabric...
Anyway:
Your friend must have been very pleased with these freshly looking cards! Great job! :)

LIME RIOT All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger