Lime Slice Stamp

Monday, April 16, 2012

Attempting to make my own hand carved stamps was something I committed to this year on my list of 50 projects for 2012. I've always adored them and have purchased several from Etsy but have never had success carving myself.

My previous attempts included a dachshund and a squirrel, neither of which turned out looking remotely like the intended creatures. This time, I chose a very simple design and had better luck.

I've been stamping my little lime slice on all kinds of cards, bags and paper scraps. I've added washi tape to some of them for an extra little pop. I plan to use these when sending swap packages!




























It's an easy design but I still like it and I'm excited to try another one soon!

10 comments:

Alexis said...

So cute! I might have to try this - any tips for the first-time stampmaker?

LimeRiot said...

Thank you, Alexis!

The biggest tip I could offer would be to start with a very easy design. Also, go slowwwwww. The carving knives move very quickly through the block and it's easy to get out of control if you aren't moving at a snails pace :).

Have fun!

Nichola said...

Super cute!

rubyslipperz said...

you never cease to amaze me with your fun talents!! I wish I could do a fun shoe/slipper...and stamp with red. I dunno, I don't think that I'm that clever.

hugZ,
annie
anniesrubyslipperz.com

Nancy said...

Wahoo! So cute! I'm with you though- I get a grand idea to try something new and stubbornly decide I'm able to do the hardest design there is lol. Sometimes it's better to get back to the basics.

CraftyLikeLindy said...

I haven't had much luck with stamp carving either. I want to give it another go one of these days. Too many books to read, things to bake, and swap crafts to make! Oh work and kids take up some time too :)

kittykill said...

You are too cool for school! You are so amazing!

Pam Fields said...

I love it. Any swap receiver would be so lucky to get one of these cuties.

waggonswest said...

That stamp is fantastic. You did a great job. But are you telling me our 50 projects list is a commitment? 'Cause I've been dragging some projects around since 2010...

Angie said...

This makes me want to carve... Love the lime.

LIME RIOT All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger