I saw a nice quote the other day, "Life is a balance of holding on and letting go." Some quick internet research tells me that Keith Urban was the original author.
Jake and I are currently in the midst of some stressful times (more to share on this soon) and this quote is serving as a great reminder to hold on to the things that matter and just let the other stuff go. These Artist's Trading Cards (ATCs) were inspired by the saying.
I used all kinds of goodies from my bin-o-crafty-junk for these including; book pages, buttons, water color paints, fabric and paper scraps. I used an old Rainier Beer can and my newly acquired metal stamps to make the words. I added some decorative stitching with my sewing machine.
Things I'm holding on to right now...
- My perfectly wonderful husband
- Our silly dogs
- My always loving and supportive parents
- Our group of friends that make us laugh, no matter what
- The community of online pals I've made in recent years
- The fact that we are healthy, happy and have everything we need
Things I'm letting go of...
- The 5 lbs I wanted to lose (but didn't) before our upcoming trip
- The fact that my new blog template isn't close to being finished
- The stress of getting the house spotless for in-laws
- Anything that's out of my ability to control!
What are you holding on to and letting go of this week?
PS - sincere apologies for the weirdness you will likely see around here while I customize my new layout and update all of my old posts :)