Yellow Submarine Felt Badge

Monday, July 9, 2012

"We all live in a yellow submarine... a yellow submarine... a yellow submarine..."

That song was lodged squarely in my brain the entire time I was stitching up this Beatles inspired badge for my partner in the Felt Badge swap over on Craftster! And now that I typed out the lyrics, the brain worm is back! I hope I didn't get it stuck in your head too.















This badge was made using wool blend felt, embroidery floss and a bit of fabric glue stick. The sub measures ~3" across. There were a lot of teeny pieces and tiny stitches required to put this together. My hands are still a bit cramped from the process but I'm happy with how it came out and I think my partner likes it.







































I received two adorable badges from my partner today. I just love these little things! I still don't know what I'll be doing with my growing collection but that's not stopping me from hoarding them :).

Thanks for dropping by! Have a great week and don't forget to enter my summer knitting giveaway!

12 comments:

Jenny said...

adorable! It looks fantastic.

bethwalker07 said...

Yup I absolutely love it! Thanks again!

Duni said...

That's an amazing piece of work! LOVE the details :)

Skwishee said...

Love it! It's so detailed, I wouldn't be surprised if your hands were cramped for a week. Maybe you could use them in a quilt? Do some fairly plain fabrics with badges in the middle... Like an album quilt? Then you'd have them all in one place to enjoy.

Mary Mac said...

Adorable piece, love the bright colors. If you are becoming a hoarder at least these are manageable. Have you see those (shows)

Leslie Andersen said...

Fantastic!

azteclady said...

Oh that's so adorable. And the care you put into making it, all the details. Adorable!

Pam Fields said...

How cute and yes, that is all I can here in my brain!

wendiek said...

I'm in awe!!! You have amazing skills! So adorable and impressive all these small pieces. And sewing these small parts is very hard!

GREAT work, Lime!

badge said...

A special thanks to you for making this article dealing with such issue, good brief and this post helped me alot.
badge

Anonymous said...

Peculiar article, exactly what I was looking for.

my website recomended videos

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

LIME RIOT All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger