Santa's Workshop

Sunday, December 2, 2012

I hosted a holiday crafting party with my be best gal pals yesterday and we had a whale of a time. The day was filled with christmas music, champagne bubbles, gossip, mess making, comfort food and best of all, crafting!!

Look how hard all of the elves are working on their holiday gifts.



Here's a list of gifts we made and links to the inspiration projects (where available).

- Chalkboard Coasters
- Hot Chocolate on a Stick
- Tree Ornaments
- Cork Covered Containers
- Freezer Paper Stenciled Tea Towels
- Paper Clay Stamped Ornaments

For each project, I put all of the required supplies into baskets so we could grab them and get right to work.




Here's a sampling of the finished products (courtesy of Lisa and Denise elf-instagram).

Freezer paper stenciled towels:


































Hot chocolate on a stick:

























Paper clay stamped ornaments:

























Denise and I working hard on Christmas tree ornaments:






























































It was such a fun day. I'm so thankful for my wonderful and creative friends. I am now fully and completely in the holiday spirit!

19 comments:

Leslie Andersen said...

Wow, you came up with a lot of great crafts to make! What a great idea to have a day crafting with friends!

Heather {The Lovely Cupboard} said...

I love nights like this!!!

waggonswest said...

What a fun day to share with friends. And you had some great projects. Will you post a picture of the chalkboard coasters? I'm intrigued.

GirlieBlogger@Beauty Fashion Blog Seattle said...

WHat a fantastic way to get everyone together. Lovely project.

Allegory said...

I need to move to that side of the country I think. ;) That looks like a really great time!

memoriesforlifescrapbooks said...

What a fun get together! I love all the ornaments you made!

Nancy said...

WOw, you're so organized! Sounds great!!

meet.make.laugh. said...

Looks like you had a blast! LOVE the tree ornaments! :)

Pam Fields said...

I am sooooo JEALOUS! This looks like an amazing day! How fun. And what's better than wine and crafting? Combining the two makes perfect sense to me! :)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Hey Mickey said...

Wow that looks like lots of fun..definitely help to get you in the Christmas spirit!

Jenelle said...

What a fun time! I like how you all broke out the aprons too. :) Some serious crafting going on!

Erica said...

Wow, you know how to throw a par-tay!! So fun! And you're friends really are a bunch of crafty elves. I'm heading over to see the crafty links. They all look like a lot of fun to make. Here's to holiday crafting! :)

Anonymous said...

The ideas are wonderful!
Aimee from craftmates

Stephanie said...

ahhhh I love this idea! I wish I had crafty friends nearby!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Mary Mac said...

The Christmas trees are my favorite. Love the papers/burlap you used.

craftmates said...

Looks like a lot of fun. Thx for sharing. I will try to make those chocolate sticks to give away as gifts.- Irma

Duni said...

I bet you had a wonderful time! Love those heartshaped ornaments :)
Handmade gifts are so special!
Have a great weekend!

LIME RIOT All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger