Sleepy Fox Dream Catcher

Wednesday, March 6, 2013

I've had such a wonderful time swapping with my friend Connie from Missing Willow Farm. She's one of those people that just make you think, "I want to be her!!" I encourage everyone to check out her blog and follow her farm adventures. It's very inspiring.

She is expecting her first grand baby soon and her daughter's nursery is woodland themed. She had a dream catcher on her wish list that inspired this hoopla/dream catcher hybrid!


I thought a sleeping animal was appropriate for a dream catcher so I created a napping fox sleeping in a bed of leaves, based partially on an image from a rubber stamp. It's all made of wool blended felt stitched to linen with 2 strands of DMC floss.


For the hanging leaves, I stitched yellow and green felt together and created braided strands of DMC floss to hang them from.


It was fun to do some felt stitching again! It's been a while. 

A hope that this project brings the new baby (and his parents) many nights of quiet sleep and sweet sweet dreams :). 

PS - Thank you for all the kind words of support on my last post. Guess what? My craft room is a mess again!! Yipppie!!

20 comments:

i.ikeda said...

How adorable! I'm sure they are going to love it. And I do hope they luck out and get some sleep. I'm still deprived 6 months later, haha.

waggonswest said...

Adorable!!!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Flaming Nora said...

Lucky baby, Mama and Grandma! Such a lovely nursery gift.

Duni said...

That is the CUTEST sleeping fox!
What a sweet baby gift and it will look perfect in the nursery :)

Sarah~Magnolia Surprise said...

Oh my... I think that's just the sweetest, cutest thing I ever seen! I love the way you've topped it off with the hanging leaves. And thanks for stopping by my blog!!

Gaby said...

So cute!!! Love it :)

Willow Kid said...

Baby mama here, mom just showed me this post and I AM IN LOVE! Thank you so much, I can't wait to see it in person.

meet.make.laugh. said...

This is so lovely! I love the hanging leaves! ~Stephanie

Connie said...

It's just beautiful in person, Tracy is going to love it to pieces! I'm heading to her place in two weeks to deliver the rocking chair I purchased for her nursery when she was born, I'm going to hand deliver this then. Thank you so much, Mareth!

Jenelle said...

This is very cute! It really makes me want to pull out my felt and make one for my sewing room. :) You always come up with the best ideas!

Memories for Life said...

That little fox is just adorable! The new parents will love and appreciate it :)

Erica said...

Oh, yay, the dreamcatcher!! It is adorable. I love the sleeping fox. So perfect to have a sleepy animal dreamcatcher for a nursery. :)

azteclady said...

Very sweet!

Anonymous said...

Sooo cute. Glad to hear that craft room is back in business!
Aimee from Craftmates

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Hey Mickey said...

Gorgeous as usual! I love foxes...so cute!

Additionsstyle said...

A messy craft room is perfect! I love your fox he is so cute.
Valerie
Everyday Inspired

Emma Watson said...

Its nice and cute sleepy fox. . :)


Jogos de moto

Pamela Fields said...

This is just adorable! I love the little curled up fox. :)

LIME RIOT All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger