Sacred Heart Embroidery

Thursday, July 4, 2013

I recently participated in a small swap with some of my fellow Craftster moderators. My lovely partner is a fan of sacred heart designs as well as anatomical hearts. When I was brainstorming what to make her, I thought I'd do a felt sacred heart embroidery hoop for her crafting wall.

In the middle of that project, I stumbled across a felt anatomical heart art piece that was done in an abstract style. It inspired me to start fresh with this new idea! 

I roughly sketched out the design, cut associated felt pieces and set to stitching! 


I wasn't too prescriptive about the design. I just stitched whatever I felt like! It was enjoyable to be free with the pattern and not try for perfection. I didn't intend to make it look like it had arms and legs but I don't mind that it came out that way :). It's a cute little abstract anatomical heart guy! 


I still wanted to bring in the idea of my partner's other heart theme so I stamped the word "sacred" onto a piece of white linen and stitched it down. 

It's a goofy little project but it was fun to create and hopefully gave my partner a smile. 

Happy Independence Day to everyone stateside! 

13 comments:

Memories for Life said...

Fun project :) I bet she loves it!

Rebecca Aguilar said...

Love, love your blog. You're one of our top bloggers for July. I've put you on our Facebook page, Twitter, and blog.

Keep up the good work.

Rebecca Aguilar said...

Sorry, forgot to leave our blog "The Best Crafters."

http://thebestcrafters.blogspot.com/2013/07/july-picks-5-of-best-craft-bloggers.html

Thanks again!

Anonymous said...

You always come up with unique ideas. I bet this project was super fun to make.
Aimee from Craftmates

blair mclaughlin said...

I LOVE the colors you chose, especially the blue arteries! (is that the right term? my biology is horrid...)

This is wonderful!

azteclady said...

I don't know the recipient, but it made me smile--thank you!

Jenelle said...

This is beautiful! All of those tiny, lovely stitches really add a lot to the heart anatomy. I hope your partner loves this. :)

Gaby said...

Super cool :). I <3 it!

Duni said...

What a cute project! I thought those were arms and legs on an adorable fantasy creature :) Your stitches are impeccable!

Additionsstyle said...

What a great heart! I love the abstract idea and all the great colors.
Valerie
Everyday Inspired

Natashalh said...

Really fun! And funky, too.

eat. sleep. MAKE. said...

This is so cool! It's so detailed wow. I bet your partner loves it!

craftmates said...

Wow, what a great project. I would love be be your swap partner as you always make awesome creations.

Virna

LIME RIOT All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger