Like A Hole In My Head

Wednesday, June 4, 2014

I've always admired mosaic and glass work but felt like it was a craft that was out of reach because of all the fancy supplies and skills it required. Fortunately, I found a great place in our neighborhood, Seattle Mosaic Arts, that offers classes for newbies like me!

I need another hobby like I need a hole in my head but I can't help but be hooked on this craft!


I made a trivet but the studio also offers garden stones and wall hangings. There were endless jars of glass in every color you can imagine and we didn't have to do any of the messy work! We created the design on contact paper and the studio did the cement and grout work (in the color of our choice). Putting all of the pieces together felt like doing a real-life Tetris puzzle!


It's, by no means, perfect but I had such a great time making it. I'm excited to go back to apply what I learned to another project! I may even try the messy stuff next time!



Anyone else recently discovered a new craft obsession??

10 comments:

Jessica said...

I'm trying not to gain any new hobbies for now - we're moving at the end of the month. Once we're there though... I have my own craft room! So who knows?

This looks super fun... ;)

Memories for Life said...

Wow, great work for a first-timer! I've always loved mosaic too. A wall piece would be awesome!

bakingmakingandcrafting.com said...

It looks really good! Well done! I love the colors together, especially with the dark grouting.

helena frontini said...

Really beautifull. I love buttons and I'm obssesd by them.

MareMare said...

It's beautiful, Lime!

Anonymous said...

It's beautiful!! Definitely something you should pursue. I'm tempted now to try it, if I ever find the right opportunity.

Flaming Nora said...

Beautiful colours. A garden piece would be amazing.

Michele T said...

This is your first? Wowza! You have talent indeed!! I've been interested in trying this craft too! I hope that I can pin this for future reference, it is beautiful - I love those colours!!

Anonymous said...

If you are going for finest contents like me, simply go to see this web page every day for the reason that it provides quality
contents, thanks

My site :: Club Tickets Mobi

Anonymous said...

Have you ever considered writing an ebook or guest authoring
on other websites? I have a blog based on the same information you discuss and would love to have you
share some stories/information. I know my subscribers would enjoy your work.
If you are even remotely interested, feel free
to shoot me an e mail.

My website tickets

LIME RIOT All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger