Thank You For Being a Friend, Toucan

Sunday, August 14, 2016

Jake and I are trying to drop a few pounds after some early summer excesses. To stay motivated, we've made a competition out of it - winner gets to pick the location of our next vacation so the stakes are high! He wants to do the Kentucky Bourbon Trail while I am dreaming of a lazy beach vacation - maybe in Key West.

Those Floridian dreams must have been on my mind when I took a mosaic class at Seattle Mosaic Arts last week. I don't know if they have toucans there but from all the episodes of Golden Girls I used to watch, I know they have plenty of light pink and mint green!


I got to do the fun parts of the mosaic - designing, nipping the glass and piecing it all together - while Seattle Mosaic Arts did all the messy cementing and grouting work. The design was inspired by this cute art print that proved to have just the right amount of detail for mosaic'ing.

I plan to hang the final piece on the wall in my office as a pop of sun-inspired color. It should help in the dreary winter months here in Seattle!



Now, here's hoping my new toucan brings me lots of luck in the weight loss battle! I wonder why I'm craving Fruit Loops ;)??

0 comments:

LIME RIOT All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger